Friday, December 6, 2013

Day six: Stand Still...

January 22, 2008ce
I read this morning's prompt and drew a blank for what to write. But that's part of the daily challenge, isn't it? To expand your thoughts a bit?

As I went about my day I realized just how far I was from being fully recovered. The tiredness set in pretty early in the day and followed me throughout. But I looked at it as a lesson and not as something to bang my head against. And I reminded myself to be patient.


I'm also thinking about my children tonight. How they have grown into the individual beings that they are and how their lives might be one day. This morning I spoke with a friend and shared the joy and pride I feel for them both. This evening I did the same with another friend. Perhaps it is the passing of time that is causing my thoughts to center on my kids. Perhaps it's the wish that it wasn't passing so swiftly while wishing it would pass a little faster.

Today, I'm going to remember that it's best to just stand still and enjoy each moment as they come. In that silence I will also remember that the moments I have to myself are going to be where I let go of their child-ness as they step into the world of adulthood.

No comments:

Post a Comment