Monday, April 30, 2012

What's in a name?

Violets

Earlier today I had a hearing in the probate court to finalize my name change. This is pretty exciting for me since I've been thinking about it for a few years (before I changed my surname). This name means a lot to me, and those who are closest to me have already been calling me by it.

I know that there will be people out there who will never understand my need for doing this and that's okay. They never understood me in the first place.

Now it's time to move forward with some other areas of my life that have been placed on hold for a while. Business changes, personal changes, and others that I will write about as they happen. Suffice it to say that there are wonderful and life-altering events on my horizon and, as frightening as some of them might be, I'm looking forward to each and every one of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment