Monday, January 16, 2012

Trying to smile more

Grey Road 9


Yes, it's been another one of those kinds of weeks. I haven't spent that much time on Ravelry, Facebook or any other areas online. It's not that I don't want to talk with my friends, I just don't want to subject them to some dreariness.

I've been struggling with some feelings of frustration and anger. I know I need to let them go, it's just not as easy as turning off a switch.

There are minor annoyances going on... the ceiling in the hallway is in need of repair (J took it down this weekend and might be able to repair it next weekend), the Jeep's battery cables are corroded (Kevin replaced one and cleaned the heck out of the other, which will have to do until we can get the right part for it), and there are a couple others that won't be posted publicly.

There are really good things, too: I've increased my biking time to an hour a day, the friendship that is tiny and new is still growing, knitting has been good, I had loads of fun dyeing the PS... yarn this month and am looking forward to dyeing the club yarn, I've got my papers lined up for the business stuff, and I've been journaling a lot more.

Next week will be a better update, simply because I'm going to push myself out of this feeling and stop letting the season get to me.

2 comments:

  1. My Dearest, do not try to push your negative feelings away. That only multiplies them for later. Instead, embrace them by saying, "Ok Anger, lets have a talk. Just why are you hear and is it justifiable?" by doing it this way you can reasonably consider that either you are over reacting or that you, as a human being, have a situation that summoned anger, frustration, or other emotion, positive or negetive. With just what you have shared it is reasonable that you are frustrated and that turned to anger because you felt guilt for being frustrated??? This is what Spirit gave me to share. Love you, Namaste.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I did some thinking about the possibility of guilt and will be journaling with those thoughts today. Sometimes it really helps to hear from another person. ♥

    ReplyDelete